3-4 September 2016, Saturday to Sunday
Start/Flag Off Times
- Day Flag Off (43km/74km/101km/100 Miles)
From 0700hrs (7.00am) on 3 September 2016 Saturday
- Night Flag Off (43km/74km/101km)
1800hrs (6.00pm) on 3 September 2016 Saturday
*Participants will be flagged off in separate waves of about 30 participants per wave, separated approximately 3mins between waves.
*There are 2 flag off times for the 43km, 74km & the 101km (7am & 6pm)
Finish/Cut Off Time
1500hrs (3.00pm) on 4 September 2016 Sunday for all categories
- 101km Solo
- 100 Miles Solo
Reservoir Deck at MacRitchie Reservoir (as shown below)
Event Format (Individual Category)
- Participants must start & finish at the Reservoir Deck at MacRitchie Reservoir.
- Participants must reach their designated Checkpoint (based on the category/distance selected) and make U-Turn back to the Finish venue.
- When you arrive at each Checkpoint, you MUST 'Check In' with the volunteer. Your 'check in' time will then be captured. If you do not 'Check In', your time will not be captured.
- Usage of any form of public/private transport modes to assist with your completion of the event will result in disqualification and you will not receive the e-certificate. We believe in your integrity.
- Only participants of the following categories can have an "Official Pacer" who will have an event Bib on him/her which allows him/her access to the food/drinks/assistance at the official support stations.
- - 74km
- - 101km
- - 100 miles
- We recommend having 1 x Pacer with you, to guide/encourage/take care of you.
- You can have only 1 x Official Pacer at any point during the event and he/she will have 1 x Bib Tag with the text "PACER".
- The Official Pacer need not be with you throughout the event. He/She may accompany you at any point of the event, but he/she must make his/her own way to your location/Checkpoint which you require him/her to start pacing with you.
- You may appoint anyone whom you deem suitable to be your Official Pacer. There is no need to register your Pacer with us.
- Your Official Pacer can utilise the support stations at the Checkpoints but he/she must have the "PACER" Bib Tag. We are unable to provide support to any unofficial Pacer(s). Please do not take any drinks/food from our Checkpoints & share with your group of unofficial pacer(s) who are with you. This practice is unacceptable & unfair to other participants as it is a paid event & logistic supplies are catered only for paying participants & 1 official pacer at any point during the race. We will not hesitate to disqualify(DQ) any participant who has unofficial Pacer(s) taking food/drinks/any other assistance from our Checkpoints.
- Your Pacer can carry your race items on your behalf. There is no requirement that you must carry everything on your own.
- You may have a group of Pacers, doing their pacer role on a rotation basis, e.g. 1 Pacer from CP 5 to CP 6, and another Pacer takes over from CP 6 to CP 7. But the next Pacer must take over the "PACER" Bib Tag
- We will not provide any form of support for anyone who does not have the "PACER" Bib. Thank you for your understanding as we will not cater resources for unofficial Pacers.
- If you have appointed a pacer, you may collect your Pacer Bib Tag when you collect your own Race Bib Number Tag. You may make your own arrangement to pass the Pacer Bib Tag to your Pacer. We will not issue the Pacer Bib Tag to any self-appointed Pacer.
2 Sep 2016 Friday
6.00pm till the end of the event:
- Collection of Race Bib Number Tag at Main Event Venue at MacRitchie Reservoir (Adjacent to the Multi-Storey Car Park)
- Drop off Special Needs Bag (NOTE: we will only accept drop offs till 5am on Saturday 3 Sep 2016)
3 Sep 2016 Saturday
- All Special Needs Bags must be deposited by 5am Saturday at the Main Event Venue at MacRitchie Reservoir.
- It is a self-service, self-deposit system. You must 'mark' your own self-provided bag with your Bib Number, Name & Checkpoint Number.
- Place your Bag at the Special Needs Bag deposit area, at the correct deposit point marked with the respective Checkpoint Number. Please ensure you place your Special Needs Bag at the correct deposit point. We will not be checking the accuracy of your bag drop.
- Any Special Needs Bag dropped off after 5am will not be accepted as all bags will be transported to the respective Checkpoints at 5am on Saturday. For participants who have opted for the night flag off, please drop off your special needs bag between 6pm 2 Sep 2016 Friday till 5am 3 Sep 2016 Saturday as there will not be any transport for your special needs bag if you arrive before your flag off on Saturday evening.
- We recommend you drop off your Special Needs Bags on Friday night so as to avoid rushing on Saturday early morning.
3 Sep 2016 Saturday
- All categories (Day Flag Off) will be flagged off, in waves of approximately 3mins.
- Each wave will have approximately 30 participants.
- Flag off is in waves to avoid congestion at the start.
3 Sep 2016 Saturday
- Night flag off for 43km/74km/101km
4 Sep 2016 Sunday
- Finish/Cutoff of the Craze Ultra for all categories
4 Sep 2016 Sunday
3pm to 5pm:
- All Special Needs Bags are to be collected from the Main Event Venue at MacRitchie Reservoir (adjacent to the Multi-Storey Carpark). Any uncollected Special Needs Bag and other items will be disposed after 5pm on Sunday.
- Click HERE to view the many options available for you to aid/guide you along the right way.
- It will be an Out & Back route, where the return route is the same as the outgoing route. The route will bring Participants through many parts in Singapore where few have gone, e.g. Woodlands Waterfront, Yishun Dam, Punggol Promenade, Punggol Waterway, Sengkang, Lor Halus Wetland, Bedok Reservoir Park, etc.
- Participants will be on footpaths & the Park Connectors, except for a small section at Pasir Ris where you'll need to go onto the road, facing oncoming traffic.
- There is no road closure.
Participants are required to follow traffic rules, example, cross only when the green man is lighted at traffic junctions
- Stay safe whilst crossing roads.
- The furthest Checkpoint is at Bedok Reservoir Park, located approximately 81km(50 Miles) from the Start Point. This is the checkpoint where all 100 Miles participants are to do a U-Turn and make their way back to the Finish Line at MacRitchie Reservoir. Participants of the shorter distances will do a U-Turn at earlier Checkpoints (43km will U-turn at CP2, 74km will U-turn at CP4 & 101km will U-turn at CP5).
- Participants are to follow directional signs, which will be placed at critical junctions where possible to aid in directions. We do suggest pausing a moment at junctions to check if there are any directional signages. If there are no signages, continue straight along the road/path. We have also provided maps which you can download/print to refer to if you need during the event. We do recommend you study the map thoroughly.
Here are the various surfaces you will encounter along the route.
- There are a total of 8 Checkpoints (CP) located along the route. The furthest Checkpoint is CP 8, located approximately 80km from the Start Line, which participants of the 100 Miles will arrive at & make a U-Turn.
- If you are taking part in a shorter distance, you will not go to all Checkpoints. Please refer to below table.
- Once you have reached the CP which you are required to U-Turn, you will make your way back along the same route & you will go to those CPs which you had gone to earlier.
Checkpoint Number Order
No. of Checkpoints
1, 2 (U-Turn), 1
1, 2, 3, 4 (U-Turn), 3, 2, 1
1, 2, 3, 4, 5(U-Turn), 4, 3, 2, 1
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8(U-Turn), 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
- Please "Check IN"with the Volunteers when you arrive at the CP so we can capture your "Check In' times.
There is no need to "Check Out" when you leave the Checkpoint.
Cumulative Distances & Locations of Checkpoints
CP 1 - 12km (Mandai Road)
CP 2 - 21.5km (Woodlands Waterfront) - U-Turn point for 43km
CP 3 - 30km (Sembawang Road)
CP 4 - 37km (Yishun Ave 6 Blk 406) - U-Turn point for 74km
CP 5 - 50.5km (Lorong Halus Wetland & Visitor Centre) - U-Turn point for 101km
CP 6 - 65km (Lorong Halus Wetland & Visitor Centre)
CP 7 - 71km (Pasir Ris Green)
CP 8 - 81km (Bedok Reservoir Park) - U-Turn point for 100 Miles
CP 7 - 90.47km (Pasir Ris Green)
CP 6 - 95.47km (Lorong Halus Wetland & Visitor Centre)
CP 5 - 109.97km (Lorong Halus Wetland & Visitor Centre)
CP 4 - 122.97km (Yishun Ave 6 Blk 406)
CP 3 - 130.47km (Sembawang Road)
CP 2 - 138.97km (Woodlands Waterfront)
CP 1 - 148.47km (Mandai Road)
Finish - 100 miles (Reservoir Deck @ MacRitchie Reservoir)
**The actual locations/distance of the CPs may vary due to unexpected changes on the ground.
Operating Hours(Cut-Off Time) @ Checkpoints
Based on the maximum time limit of 32 hours to complete 100 miles, please take note of the operating hours(cut-off times) of the Checkpoints for all categories:
- CP 8 - till 11pm on 3 Sep 2016 (16 hours after flag off)
- CP 7 - till 1am on 4 Sep 2016 (18 hours after flag off)
- CP 5/6 - till 4am on 4 Sep 2016 (21 hours after flag off)
- CP 4 - till 7am 4 Sep 2016 (24 hours after flag off)
- CP 3 - till 9am 4 Sep 2016 (26 hours after flag off)
- CP 2 - till 10.30am 4 Sep 2016 (27.5 hours after flag off)
- CP 1 - till 1pm on 4 Sep 2016 (30 hours after flag off)
All participants/categories have 32 hours to complete the event, subject to the above-mentioned operating hours/cut-off time at each Checkpoint.
Example: 100 Miles participants must reach CP 8 by 11pm on 3 Sep 2016, 16 hours after flag off. If you are unable to reach by 11pm, you are advised to U-Turn wherever you are and make your way back to the Finish line.
Food & Drinks at Checkpoints
(Subject to changes & stock is limited. Only take what is sufficient for you.)
Distance Markers will be placed at every 5km from the 10km mark onwards till the 150km mark, where possible.
- You are most welcome to get your family/friends to cheer & support you along the route & at the Checkpoints.
- We will not provide any support/aid to any of your supporters/family members/relatives/unofficial pacers.
- We will also not tolerate any rudeness from any supporter(s). Please respect the organisers, volunteers, contractors and any other parties involved in our event.
- Your supporters can help you with your race needs, e.g. food/drinks. However, please do not have any vehicle following you along the road as it will cause inconvenience to other motorists/vehicles.
- Any support vehicles are to follow traffic rules & utilise the car parks available along the route.
- The Organiser will not be held responsible if traffic rules violated by your supporters.
Special Needs Bags
- This could be your life saver. Participants can store event-essential items in your own self-provided bag, which will be transported by the organiser to any Checkpoint(s) of your choice or even at all Checkpoints.
- You can retrieve this Bag whenever you arrive at the Checkpoints but you must display your bib number tag.
- You must label the bag with the following text in large & clear font (as shown in the sample picture below):
- Bib Number
- Checkpoint Number/Name
Recommendation for Special Needs Bag:
- Use a reasonable-sized/small waterproof bag or double/triple-layered tough plastic bag(use bags that can withstand rough handling). Please bring your own bag. We will NOT provide such bags for you.
- Use waterproof tape to seal your bag if necessary.
- This is a Self-Pack, Self-Mark system. Our volunteers will not be packing or marking the bag for you.
- Use Permanent Marker Pen to write the text (Name, Bib No., Checkpoint No.) clearly & in large font size so it's visible.
- Do not place fragile items as we will not be liable for any damage to your items.
- Some items you can consider to place in the Special Needs Bag:
- *Nutritional needs - energy bar/gel, drinks
- *Change of clothes
- *Shoes & socks
Special Needs Bag Deposit
- All Special Needs Bags are to be self-deposited at the Start/Finish Venue according to the respective Checkpoint Numbers.
- Our volunteers will not be packing/marking/collecting the bag for/from you.
- To avoid confusion, please do not place it under the wrong Checkpoint Number.
- All Special Needs Bags must be self-deposited by 5am on 3 September 2016 Saturday to avoid delay in transport of the bags.
- The Organiser will then bring all Special Needs Bags to the respective Checkpoints.
Collection of Special Needs Bag
- All Special Needs Bags will be retrieved from all Checkpoints & returned to the Start/Finish venue between 3pm to 5pm (estimated) on 4 September 2016 Sunday and you may collect it then.
- Any Special Needs Bag unclaimed after 5pm on Sunday 4 September 2016 will be disposed.
- You may also make your own way to the respective Checkpoints to retrieve your bag, but please do so before the respective closing times of the Checkpoints.
We strongly recommend you have the following items:
- Mobile Phone (Fully Charged)
- Map (Will NOT Be Provided by the Organiser)
- Headlight/Torchlight - only for participants who will be out on the course from 7pm to 7am. There are 2 stretches where officially, there is no light at night:
- 1. Ulu Sembawang Park Connector (13.5km to 15.5km between CP1 & CP2)
2. Simpang Kiri Park Connector (31km to 33km between CP3 & CP4)
- Basic First Aid Kit - plaster & any other items you think are useful
- Hydration - Fully filled Bottle/Bladder/Other means (sufficient to last at least 15km). Water is NOT provided by the Organiser before the Start. There are water coolers about 50m from the Start area.
- Spare battery/Portable Mobile Charger for your mobile phone.
- Poncho/Lightweight Waterproof Jacket
- Extra Shoes/Socks/Clothes
- Cap (all round cover as shown below)
- Cash (emergency e.g. food, drinks, taxi, etc)
- Public Transportation Card (CEPAS Card)
- Blinker light - to be attached to your body/bag to indicate your presence to traffic
There will be a unique souvenir for every:
- 100 Miles Individual Finisher
- 101km Individual Finisher
There are no prizes for this event. The best prize is your achievement.